Thursday, February 13, 2020

ON BUYING ELECTIONS

I am hearing a lot of comments on cable news about Mike Bloomberg buying the Democratic presidential  nomination.

Not commented upon is another billionaire - Tom Steyer - who has been running for the Democratic nomination for president for months.  I would say that I have seen his advertisements for at least a year (actually October 2017).*  The point is he barely registers in the polls.

Though I am sure that having money helps, but it takes more than just money.  something else is involved too so that Bloomberg seems to be competitive and Steyer does not.

And Bloomberg has some skeletons in his closet.  Some African Americans wasnt to oppose Bloomberg because of stop and frisk, but a lot of Blacks seem to favor him.

Time will tell.

I must say that I am fond of Bloomberg (78, b. February 14, 1942) as the Democratic nominee for president based upon his overall record in politics, such as his three terms as governor of New York, a tough state politically.  I favor a ticket of Mike Bloomberg and Amy Klobuchar.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer

No comments:

Post a Comment