Thursday, November 21, 2019

A NOTE TO REMAINING READERS OF MY BLOG

November 2019 marks the 10th anniversary of Reunite Gondwanaland.

I have noted that the readership of my blog peaked in 2017.  There was a period in 2017 where my posts got between 30 and 40 page views and some even a lot more (five got over 400 plus one got over 600!).  In 2019, none of my last seven posts items have received as many as 20 page views including one with fewer than 10.

I consider "Can We Afford To Let Trump Continue" (October 18, 2019) to be a serious post; however, it has only received 17 page views.   Since this item was published, Trump, November 18th, has already changed a long-held policy regarding the settlements by Israel in the West Bank.  In comparison, a post titled America's 100 Wealthiest Zip Codes" (March 11, 2019) has received110 page views.  Though I certainly enjoy it when one of my items receives over 100 page views, I have no idea why some do and some don't.

It isn't all tepid news, however, as seven posts in 2019 have received at least 100 page views.  In addition, an old post from 2013, "On How Much Is Spent On Entertainment," seems to have come alive for some reason.  Originally it got about 70 page views that is good for me, but, as of today (November 21, 2019), it stands at 711 page views.  I have to wonder if someone is padding this piece, but maybe some large class has discovered it.

I do not understand why the interest has dropped, perhaps because most of my quoted material comes from CNBC and the WSJ?  Maybe people feel they can just look at those references, though I try to give some of my own analysis too.

I am 88 years old and my main purpose in writing this blog is an attempt to keep my mind as sharp as possible.  I am very pleased that some others look at my writings also.  And who knows, every once in a while, one may catch fire.

I just want to let you know that I will continue to write this blog as long as I am able to and hope I can give readers a bit of understanding that they may not have otherwise realized.


No comments:

Post a Comment