Sunday, July 7, 2019

CANDIDATES FOR PRESIDENT (after 1st Democratic debate)

I didn't listen to the whole debate last night (June 26), but I didn't hear anything to change my selections.  It seemed like my 3rd choice Amy Klobuchar (turned 59 in May) did very well on the first night and Beto O'Rourke (47 in September) did well.  On Morning Joe, people seemed most impressed with Julian Castro (44) perhaps followed by Cory Booker 40 b (April 27, 1969).  In spite of Castro's performance, his polling numbers don't seem to have changed.

I'm shocked at how little attention is being paid by Democratic candidates to improve Obamacare or ACA.  It was such a fight to get it and to keep it and now many Democrats are for scrapping it.  Exceptions are Biden, O'Rourke, and Hickenlooper.  Some are for Medicare at 50, such as Amy Klobuchar that I guess I can support but would rather see 60 as a step.

People for Medicare for all must be modifying it a lot because poor people couldn't afford it as it is now.

Our country is now being run by a very old group of people.  Trump has turned 73 and his opponent Bill Wells has just turned 74.  Mitch Mcconnell is 77 and Nancy Pelosi is 79.  I have to admit, I would prefer Wells to Trump.  My favorites are Beto O'rourke, Amy Klobuchar and Hickenlooper..  things do not look well for Hickenlooper.  Klobuchar is getting lots of TV time right now, and O'Rourke's TV time has picked up.

But I cannot support any candidate that is for scrapping Obamacare (ACA).  So I have to seriously consider Joe Biden, along with O'Rourke, Klobuchar and Michael Bennet.

It is just insane to scrap Obamacare.  The thought of this leaves me limp.  It goes along with Trump's abandoning the atomic bomb treaty with Iran. 



Democratic candidates:
Here are the ages as of the geriatric candidates.:*
Bernie Sanders 78 in September (b September 8, 1941)
Joe Biden         77 in November (b November 20, 1942)
John Kerry       76 in December ((b December 11, 1943)
DonaldTrump  73 in June (b June 14, 1946)
Eliz. Warren    70 in June (b June 22, 1949)
John  Hickenlooper 67 in February (b February 7, 1952)

Republican candidates:
Donald Trump 73 in June (b June 14, 1946)
Bill Wells 74 in July (b July 1, 1945)

Congressional leaders:
Mitch McConnell 77 ( b February 1942)
Nancy Pelosi 79 (b March 26, 1940)

No comments:

Post a Comment