Sunday, November 19, 2017

SEN. AL FRANKEN, ETC.

One of my favorite jokes was Republicans pull their shades and draw their drapes at night but probably don't need to.  Democrats don't pull their shades and draw their drapes at night but probably ought to.   But things have changed, and it turns out that Republicans are at least as sex crazed as Democrats, if not more so.

The joke was ruined during the call for impeachment of President Clinton by Idaho Republican Representative Helen Chenowith who, it turned out, had a 6 yr relationship with a married man.  The charge was led by Republican Representative Henry Hyde who had a 5 yr “youthful indiscretion" when he was in his 40s.  Of course these individuals found excuses claiming their cases were different.  The story continues.  When I turned 40 I thought I was middle aged.

Democrats are really bending over backward and going after former comedian and current Sen. Al Franken who 6 yrs ago had a picture taken in Afghanistan of a pretend grope (his hands weren't touching her) of a woman's breasts as she was napping while wearing a flack jacket.  Who would do such a grope?  It would be like groping a wall.  I think it was kind of funny, but it is the type of thing that, if you have to explain it, you might as well not bother.

At any rate Franken, the “groper,” has effusively apologized for the not-funny joke.  She also said he French kissed her without her permission which is more serious, but he has apologized for that too although he says he remembers the incident differently  The woman who brought up the incident has forgiven him, but certain Democrats say that is not enough as he has committed a crime.  Give me a break.  Well the woman involved has now got her revenge.  If it should turn out that Franken is expelled from the Senate, women will have lost a strong male advocate for women's rights.  That's the way these things go.

Personally IU think they should go after the "major league" sexual predators like Harvey Weinstein, Donald Trump and Judge Moore.

Why was the picture released anyway?  I wonder if someone was trying to blackmail him, but no matter.

I am certainly not a member of the current "hook up" generation.  In my day, the man-woman thing involved the giving of subtle hints.  As I have Asperger's Syndrome, I was never good at guessing what people were thinking.  When I thought I had a "hint" figured out, it turned out that I was wrong.

I probably never would have gotten married except I had people coach me.  On my first wife, there was a woman who was bound to get me married and a physicist graduate student who was not married.    They gave me some suggestions that I couldn't believe, but they worked.  On my second wife, I was coached by a woman I was interested in but who was "taken.  She too gave me some suggestions that I thought would be repelled, but they weren't, much to my surprise.

When my second wife died of a stroke, I was on my own.  There was a woman I was interested in who had a stroke and was learning to talk again.  I was trying to help her, and we became fond of each other.  Several times I did things that I thought had ruined our relationship, but I guess she was interested in me which helped getting over these faux pas.

Democrats are going after Bill Clinton* again and saying he should have resigned.  I feel that his case is quit different.  I don't understand it as the young woman came onto him so it was a consensual relationship as she admitted.  There was a hazard to his marriage, but it was a matter for his wife to decide.  There were those who were upset that Hillary didn't get a divorce., but the Clinton's worked it out  Whatever happened to "Until death do us part?"  I have covered all this before (See the references.).

But I feel there is something disturbing about women saying that it is immoral for a powerful man  to have an affair with a young woman of 22, even if she came onto him.  They talk about the young woman as if she is a child.  At what age are women grown up?   It's as if women have a fatal attraction for a powerful man?  Is that true?  Was my problem that I wasn't rich or famous (It aklso helps to be handsome.)?  If anyone told me that I was still a child at 22, I would have wanted to bust them in the nose.

* http://stopcontinentaldrift.blogspot.com/2013/08/politicians-and-sex.html
http://stopcontinentaldrift.blogspot.com/2014/05/monica-lewinsky-still-with-us.html
http://stopcontinentaldrift.blogspot.com/2016/10/some-men-have-it-most-dont.html

No comments:

Post a Comment