Tuesday, October 18, 2016

THE SCALE OF LYING

The scale of lying is called the Trump.  No one rates a full Trump in the number of lies per minute, well perhaps a few globally, so the standard unit is the milli-Trump or one thousandth of a full Trump.  It is pretty hard to get to a full Trump, i.e. lie every 5 min. as someone counted.*  The Huffington Post found Trump lied 71 times in a hour in a Town Hall or 1.16 falsehoods per minute!**

Let's say I tell a lie every morning.  This is probably overestimating it because most mornings I don't even see anyone, but, OK, let's say I lie to myself once every morning.  I usually get up around 8:00 AM so there are 4 hrs in which I'm estimating I tell a lie.  Since there are 240 min. in 4 hrs,  Trump will tell about 48 lies (240/5) so for me it is (1/240)/1000 (for 1 thousandth of a full Trump) for a Trump ratio of 1/48 or 0.00208 or a Trump rating of  20.8 (thousandth's of a Trump) per morning, if I've done my math right.  This might be pretty average, I would think, but maybe there are those who tell a lie every hour for a Trump rating of 83.2.  You see the difficulty of getting to a full Trump.

Maybe I'm more likely to tell a lie in the afternoon, when I actually see someone at lunch, so let's say I lie to someone and lie to myself again for 2 lies in the afternoon.  Again I usually see someone at dinner for lets' say another two lies (one to someone and one to myself).  This makes 5 lies/day.  It sounds high, but maybe.  So we have 4 hrs in the morning, five hours in the afternoon and another 3  hrs for dinner to going early to bed making 12 hrs or 720 min.  In this period, Trump would tell about 144 lies, but I estimate I tell only 5 for a Trump rating of 34.7.  I know how this ranks for the average person, it may be high, but you get the idea.

* http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/politico-fact-checking-trump-statements/2016/03/14/id/718973/
** http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-fact-check_us_56fc375fe4b0daf53aee9175


No comments:

Post a Comment