Wednesday, August 3, 2011

YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH A LOT IF YOU .....

We have all heard the saying that you can accomplish a lot in this life if you don't care who gets the credit, but we have a new one. You can accomplish a lot in this life if the other side thinks you are CRAZY! We just had a demonstration of this in the debt ceiling debacle where it was hard to tell which world the tea partiers were in. They were just fooling weren't they, weren't they? If so their act got to be so convincing that the more rational Republicans like John McCain and conservative op-ed writers like David Brooks and Ross Douthat began to believe them also.

I admit that I don't know what was in the bill just passed as I hear conflicting accounts, but I believe very little of the bill will apply to FY 2011 or 2012. There is hope that the economy improves by 2013; however, I have my doubts (http://stopcontinentaldrift.blogspot.com/2011/07/our-consumerism-society.html).

No comments:

Post a Comment