Tuesday, February 6, 2018

GOODNIGHT MY SWEETHEART, PATRICIA (Poem)

(Dedicated to Patricia Clark
May 17, 1934 - September 5, 2016)

Why do you love me?
She said I can’t see;
I can’t  hear;
I can’t talk.
How can you love me?

I celebrate how much
You can see,
How much you can hear,
And particularly how much
You can speak

Yes I can love you.

What I see
Is a pretty woman,
Who dresses well,
Is so kind to others, and
Loves her family so much.

What I hear is
An infectious laugh, so
Alive and enjoying people,
Comfortable with strangers.
Who has a special something.

What I feel is
The brightest star in Heaven
Shining her gentle light on me
Giving me much happiness,,
Making my life better.

She was a fighter
Who learned to talk again
After her first stroke,
Who had her own business
Of two fabric stores.

We had an End Of Life
Romance that gave us
Both joy in living
And meaning to our lives
Already long lived.

Yes, I do love you.

I give gratitude to Bobby
For loaning you to me
For nearly two years
So we could grieve
Our spouses together.

Maybe we will meet in Heaven
You with Bobby
Me with Margie
Maybe we can have
Drinks and dinner together.

September 5, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment