Monday, June 25, 2018

I REALLY DON'T CARE DO YOU?

Why Melania Trump wore the Army green jacket on her trip to see children who were locked up away from their parents is a mystery.  My first thought when I saw it was, "If you don't care, why did you go?"

Her husband, the president, says it was a comment on the FAKE news press, but what was Melania thinking?  Maybe she was thinking, "I don't care what your political base thinks, but I do."  It would be nice to think that she does care for the immigrant children.

Apparently, she is not going to say, but I'm afraid it stepped on her mission - the children.  And I can't believe it was a fashion mistake because, after all, she was a fashion model.  Surely she knows all about fashion.

I think this locking up children away from their parents is Trump's Katrina, although a lot of people agree with it.  If you look at the letters to the Editor in a sophisticated newspaper such as the WSJ, you would think that anyone thinks to do what Trump/Sessions have done is fine and is just following the law.

After Katrina, I had a friend who said that she thought that the people killed were the "scum of the Earth."  There was no reasoning with her that these were the working poor.  The indigents lived in buildings on higher ground.

Sometimes I wonder if "humanity" is worth it (http://stopcontinentaldrift.blogspot.com/2017/06/what-is-meaning-of-life.html).  Clearly, the greatest enemy of man is man.

Incidentally, Melania does her own thing more than other recent president's wives so it is said she has a much smaller staff than recent president's wives.  We need to remember, however, that she spent several months living in New York until her sons' school year was over so she got a late start..

No comments:

Post a Comment