Tuesday, June 20, 2017

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP

I am endeavoring not to talk about President Donald Trump, and I intend this to be my last post on Donald Trump until something significant happens.  I have already said most of what I feel there is to say so just search for Trump, and it is time to just watch developments and hope not too much damage is done to the U.S.  I accept that Trump is the Big Exception.

Donald Trump is a big exception in that he will not reveal his tax returns.  Perhaps eventually he will have to do so, but I doubt his supporters care.

I accept that Trump is an exception through monetizing his presidency while being president, so far as I know, the first president to do so.  He is in clear violation of his lease on the Trump Tower in Washington, d.C.  And the profits from Mar-a-Lago , Trump's "winter White House," jumped 25%:
While Mar-a-Lago, the Palm Beach, Fla. country club he's dubbed the "Winter White House," saw a nearly $8 million increase in revenue — a 25 percent increase from last year — other golf courses had unchanged revenues. Mar-a-Largo has also doubled the amount a person must pay to be a member over the past year.*

Not suprisingly people want to visit the places Trump stays and for some hopefully get some influence.

I accept that Trump has colluded with Russia.  So far as I know, he is the first president who has done so, even during the election period.  After all he asked out loud for the Russians to find the missing 30 thousand e-mails of Hillary Clinton.**  I can't tell you how shocked I was when he said such an un-American thing.  He also has said he loves Wikileaks.**  But I doubt it will ever be established further than we all ready know.  Time will tell.  I'm not even sure whether colluding with a foreign government in an election is illegal.  Perhaps getting a foreign government involved in our elections is another step down in the decline of American politics.

I have to accept that Donald Trump constitutionally cannot tell the truth.  Everyone really knows this.  Yes, politicians lie, but, again, Trump takes it to a new level.  To some extent he is fawning to his supporters by telling lies that his base believes is "Telling it like it is."

True, Donald Trump has narcissistic personality disorder.  Politicians, however, tend to be narcissistic, but Trump takes it to a new level.  I felt so sorry for his cabinet members who had to say how much they love Trump on TV.***  How humiliating.

Republicans have enough ammunition to impeach Trump;however, I doubt anything will be done so long as Trump's favorability rating is so high among Republicans, and, after all, so far Trump has been willing to sign any bill sent to him.  His favorability ratingt has generally been astounding, above 80% among Republicans, but a recent poll came in at 75% so maybe it is falling.  I don't know how low his ratings will have to be  before any action is taken.

So long as Trump slows down important legislation like health care and tax reform,**** I don't care if he continues.  While I oppose personal income tax cuts, I have long been for corporate tax cuts, though not as steep as to 15%, though down to 22% from 35% might be all right.

I'm all for giving Donald Trump the Wall, or at least part of it, something he could sand beside and have his picture taken with a sign that says "The Great Wall Of Trump."  For a half billion dollars you could build the wall farther than the eye can see.  There could be promises to "finish" the wall, which, of course, would never happen.  It could be a nice going away present and many of his followers seem to want the wall above everything else.

* http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338208-trumps-financial-disclosure-released
** https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html?_r=0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUtT0b0EnSw
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/21/jackie-speier/did-trump-really-mention-wikileaks-over-160-times-/
*** http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4596152/Trump-meets-Cabinet-time.html
**** http://stopcontinentaldrift.blogspot.com/2010/05/effectiveness-of-taxes.html
http://stopcontinentaldrift.blogspot.com/2016/09/tax-cuts-and-economic-stimulation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment