Tuesday, December 1, 2015

CONFESSIONS OF A RECOVERING MORNING JOE ADDICT

I used to watch the 3 hr political morning news show called Morning Joe (Scarborough) since its inception.  I would record it so I could speed through the advertisements.  As the first 20 min. of the program is usually repeated in the third hour, I would also speed through that too.  Sometime in 2015 I got tired of Morning Joe's rants (usually negative) that went on and on and were repeated during and future programs.  As the year went on, I found I was speeding through more and more of the program as they discussed things like Donald Trump ad nauseam..  It finally got so I could race through the 3 hrs in about 1 hr.  The final straw, however, happened when guests on the program started ranting like Morning Joe.  For example, one referred to a TV statement by Sec. John Kerry that he should "shut up" and get some sleep.  Yes, he did look tired and it could have been said so in polite terms rather than the terms used by "red meat" Republicans ("bed wetting" liberals should "Sit Down And Shut Up," they like to say).

So I removed the recording of the program from my VCR about a week ago and have made due with CNN since, though I don't watch it like I used to watch Morning Joe.  It seems there is little new news around so they repeat what little they know about things like the Russian fighter shot down by the Turks, the shooting of the Planned Parenthood building in Colorado, and the shootings of unarmed African Americans (well I guess one had a knife, but he was walking away when shot 16 times).  So I don't record CNN as they seem to report a limited number of events over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment