Wednesday, March 19, 2014

ADVERTISEMENTS ON THE INTERNET

Have you clicked on any of those advertisements on the internet.  I've done a few and they go on and on.  After 5 min. or more they finally get to the point.  Why do they do this?  I was taught that you should get to the point in the first paragraph and then explain things.  In technical writing they want you to get to the point in the first sentence.

Do these guys just like to hear themselves talk or what?  I think of the few I've clicked on, I never finshed the advertisement except the first.  If they had gotten to the point, I might have been interested in the product.  In the one I finished, I was so upset that I wouldn't have bought the product unless my life depended on it, which it didn't.

The latest one I clicked on was about learning a new language.  I am intereested in learning Japanese so I might have been interested in the product, but after about 2 min. of listening to what I call "throat clearing," I gave up and turned it off.  I wonder who told them that this is a good way to advertise?  I've gotten so that I don't click on any advertisement in Newsmax that seem to love these sorts of ads.

No comments:

Post a Comment