Tuesday, March 13, 2012

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW (Dedicated to Robert "Big Ben" Doe) (Poem)

Outside my window and in the tree
Six little sparrows and a robin I see.
How strange, think I, that out in the tree,
While the snow floats down, a robin should be.
Out of my window and across the lawn
Two brown squirrels some peanuts munch on.
How strange, think I, while the snow falls on
The two little squirrels aren't in nests all along.
Out of my window the wind blows strong.
The trees bend over almost touching the lawn.
How strange, think I, as the snow blows on
That the birds and the squirrels are now all gone.
Yes, out of my window many wonders I see,
Such as birds and squirrels all up in a tree.
And many strange thoughts always come to me
When the wind blows the snow horizontally.

1971

No comments:

Post a Comment